About Urban Boatbuilders:
Urban Boatbuilders is a youth development organization and our mission is “to empower youth to build the skills they need to succeed in school, work, and life through woodworking and experiential learning.” We serve hundreds of youth each year. Through our Partnership Program and Apprenticeship Program, youth develop technical woodworking skills, social and emotional learning skills, and a connection to their local waterways.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
We believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment that enhances our ability to pursue our mission and support youth. We are committed to building an organization that fosters inclusivity and equity among members of the community. Our organization actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates for all positions. We are committed to supporting and training our employees.
Now Hiring: Operations Manager
Position Status: Full-time, exempt
Compensation and Benefits
● Compensation: $60,000 – $65,000, depending on experience
● Comprehensive benefits package including
○ 100% employer-paid health insurance premium
○ Health Savings Account (HSA) match of up to 3% of salary
○ Employee-paid group dental
○ Simple IRA match of up to 3% of salary
○ Nine paid holidays
○ PTO begins at 15 days/year and increases based on the length of service with the organization up to 25 days/year
○ Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
○ Six-week paid sabbatical after seven years
Reporting to The Executive Director (ED), the Operations Manager manages Urban Boatbuilder’s office operations, actively participates in sustaining a healthy and supportive team and work culture, manages and supports the hiring process and manages various daily, and weekly operational tasks and projects.
● Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that the office is operating smoothly.
● Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors as necessary including scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and creating reports.
● Provide assistance with donor management record keeping and fundraising including events registration and event logistics.
● Support funder and contract compliance by maintaining files, data filing requirements, tracking report and invoice deadlines, etc.
● Answer incoming internal and external customer calls and provide customer service problem solving, and/or forwarding the call to the appropriate team member.
● Maintain the inventory of office supplies and print materials.
● Provide for maintenance of office machines and office technology (e.g., printer, copier, fax, phone system, computers, internet, etc.) as needed.
● Contribute to the fostering of a collaborative team culture that celebrates diversity, innovation, and shared knowledge.
Human Resources and Volunteer Management
● Coordinate human resource paperwork including new employee office set-ups, background checks and on-boarding.
● Process new hires and ensure compliance with new hire reporting requirements
● Monitor employee benefits, including administration of plans as needed.
● Maintain UBB’s personnel and operations policies and procedures.
● Train and manage UBB’s office volunteers.
● Coordinate employee and volunteer recruitment efforts and employee/volunteer onboarding.
● Schedule volunteers and support volunteer crew leads in crew logistics and communication.
● Assist with the creation of and monitor the organization’s annual and program budgets
● Prepare monthly financial reports for the Executive Director and bi-monthly reports for the Board of Directors
● Prepare financial reports for grants and other funding
● Maintain boat inventory and support boat sales processing
● Manage all bookkeeping functions including A/R, A/P, and payroll
● Demonstrate a customer-service orientation rooted in inclusiveness.
● Process receipts daily, making bank deposits at least weekly
● Maintain grant and accounting files in a neat and orderly manner
● Assist off-site Accountant in preparing the program’s federal and state taxes and reports
● Assist in preparing the organizational and program annual financial statement
● Demonstrated experience in bookkeeping and office management; proficiency in Quickbooks Online and Google workspace
● Comfort in creating, maintaining, and implementing processes and procedures
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
● Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
● A positive, inclusive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
● A minimum of two years in the non-profit sector or similar role.
● Upon offer of employment, a candidate will be required to pass a Minnesota Child Protection background check.
● Available to work occasional evenings or weekends.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Marc Hosmer, Executive Director at [email protected]. Priority will be given to applications received by October 4th. However, the position will remain open until filled.